The largest and busiest port in Sri Lanka as well as in South Asia. Located in Colombo city, on the southwestern shores on the Kelani River, Colombo port is an important terminal in Asia due to its strategic location in the Indian Ocean. During the 1980s, the port underwent rapid modernization with the installation of Cranes, Gantries and other modern-day terminal requirements. Currently with a capacity of 4.1 million TEUs and a dredged depth of over 15 m (49 ft), the Colombo Harbour is one of the busiest ports in the world, and ranks among the top 35 ports. It is also one of the biggest artificial harbours in the world. The Port of Colombo is home to the second tallest building in South Asia and is the center for many commercial interests. The port offers excellent services for cruise operators. The city also offers a variety of services for passengers visiting the port.
Shore Excursion from Colombo Harbor
- Colombo City & Shopping Tour
- Kithulgala Rafting Full day Tour
- Kandy & Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage Full Day Tour
- Galle Heritage Fort Tour
- River Safaris & Sea Turtle Hatchery Tours
Galle Harbor is a historical port situated on the southwestern tip of Sri Lanka, 119 km from Colombo. Galle the city is the fifth largest city of Sri Lanka. Ibne Batuta who came here in 14th century called it Qali, it was also known as Gimhathiththa. During the Portuguese times (16th century) it was the main port of Sri Lanka. Galle reached the height of its development in the 18th century, during the Dutch colonial period. The major river in the area is the Gin River (Gin Ganga), which starts from Gongala Kanda and, passing villages such as Neluwa, Nagoda, Baddegama, Thelikada, and Wakwella, reaches the sea at Ginthota. The river is bridged at Wakwella by the Wakwella Bridge.
Galle is the best example of a fortified city built by the Portuguese in South and Southeast Asia, showing the interaction between Portuguese architectural styles and native traditions. The Galle fort is a world heritage site and the largest remaining fortress in Asia built by European occupiers. Other prominent landmarks in Galle include the city’s natural harbor, the National Maritime Museum, St. Mary’s Cathedral founded by Jesuit priests, one of the main Shiva temples on the island, and Amangalla the historic luxury hotel.
Shore Excursion from Galle Harbor
- Galle – Fort Heritage Site
- Folk Museum Tour
- Tea Plantation & Factory Tour
- River Cruise Tour
- Beach Experience
- Udawalawe Jeep Safari
Trincomalee harbour is the second best natural harbour in the world. It has 10 times more water and land area then Colombo Harbor. Trincomalee was tentatively identified to cater for bulk and break bulk cargo and port related industrial activities including heavy industries, tourism and agriculture etc.
The Port of Trincomalee works on, a 24 hours basis every day of the year except on May Day, with only day light navigation.
Shore Excursion from Trincomalee Port
- Trincomalee City Tour
- Polonnaruwa –WorldHeritage Site
- Sigiriya -WorldHeritage Site
- Dambulla -WorldHeritage Site
- Elephant Back Safaris
- Minneriya Jeep Safari
The Magampura Mahinda Rajapaksa Port’s first phase was opened on 18 November 2010, with the first ceremonial berthing of the naval ship “Jetliner” to use the port facilities. Hambantota Port is built inland and operated by the Sri Lanka Ports Authority.
When completed it will be Sri Lanka’s largest port, after the Port of Colombo. The Port of Hambantota will service ships traveling along one of world’s most busiest shipping lines – the east-west shipping route which passes six to ten nautical miles (19 km) south of Hambantota.
Shore Excursion from Hambantota Port
- Yala National Park – Day Excursion
- Udawalawe National Park-Day Excursion
- Bundala National Park – Day Excursion
- Cultural Site Tour – Tissa Temple,Kataragama Temple
Reasons to book your group shore excursions with Cruising Excursions
- We have a dedicated group travel department
- We can tailor make your tour requirements to suit your groups needs and budget
- Fully qualified professional tour guides Service
- Air conditioned mini coach/coach for your group’s exclusive use
- We offer 24/7 support to all of our customers
- We guarantee to get you back to your cruise ship in plenty of time
- Flexible payment facility so your group can pay separately if you wish
- We are committed to providing excellent customer service and high quality tours
Group shore excursions tailor-made for you
- Restaurant recommendations and bookings for your group
- Meet and greet at port
- Airport and hotel transfers arranged
- Evening shows and events for overnight porting days
- We offer 24/7 support to all of our customers
- Shopping trips